According to the ANAB, there are key advantages of early transition in the last 12 months of the transition period. Benefits to having your ISO 9001:2015 certificates in hand sooner rather than later may include:
- More flexibility with scheduling and make the scheduling process with your Certification Body (CB) easier.
- Reduced risk and anxiety in the event of nonconformities. Any nonconformities identified during the audit must be addressed with responses and approved by the CB before a decision can be made by the CB. All this must happen prior to the transition deadline.
- Improved management processes and a risk-based approach to managing your business. This may ensure that your organization can identify risks and opportunities more effectively, improve operational efficiency, and reduce duplication to save both time and money.
- Reduced costs that would be required to maintain a management system conforming to both the old and new versions throughout the time of transition.
- Minimal questions from your customers about your certification status as the deadline draws near.
ANAB reminds us that as people procrastinate, organizations wishing to transition into 2018 are very likely to have difficulty arranging desired audit dates and audit teams. In addition, and in step with previous transitions, …the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) will not extend the transition period. Unfortunately, organizations that do not complete the transition process with their CB by the deadline will no longer be certified.